A few weeks ago, while I was working on the basic interface elements for PTD2, I came to Sam with interest in doing a fancy title graphic. I roughed it out pretty quickly, and thought it would be fun to show the stages of the process here once it was done. Unfortunately, I clearly wasn't thinking and rendered all of these with transparencies enabled, so they might be hard to see here. Sorry! I can't really go back now.
Stage Two - Refined Sketch
I fleshed it further out pretty quickly after that. I chose the five that I did based on the first pokémon to be revealed per generation, though in some cases I picked those that were more iconic. For example, I think Machamp was one of the first ever to be revealed, but it seemed wrong to not include Pikachu.
Stage Three - Inked
After that, I got caught up in the development of Project ANPO for a little while. It wasn't until I finally invested in a much overdue tablet upgrade this past week that I came back to it, aiming to finally finish it up. Below you'll see the final version of it as it appears in the upcoming update to the game!